Wow. Trading cards that are tethered to a redeemable custom NFT. Take your content with you anywhere in your digital wallet. Show the world just how big of a DC Comics fan you really are. Nice choice by all involved to use Immutable X. Check out Hro.gg
American multinational mass media and entertainment conglomerate, Warner Bros and Cartamundi Group have collaborated to launch DC Comics-themed hybrid trading cards. DC Comics, Inc. is an American comic book publisher and the flagship unit of DC Entertainment, a subsidiary of the Warner Bros. Cartamundi Group published the official announcement of working with Warner Bros consumer products for launching DC Hybrid Physical and NFT Trading cards. Cartamundi Group is a leading manufacturer of playing cards, trading cards and board games in the world.
The announcement of the Cartamundi Group revealed the following highlights about the comics-themed NFT trading cards:
- Warner Bros is planning to release millions of DC Comics-themed physical cards designed by Cartamundi Group which will also be tethered to redeemable non-fungible token (NFT) collectibles.
- Warner Bros would release the hybrid collectibles via a new platform called the Hro app, a new platform that combines the physical and digital world.
- The hybrid packs of the collectibles would be priced between $5 to $120.
- The redeemable DC Comics-themed NFTs will be issued using the Ethereum-based layer two (L2) protocol Immutable X.
- DC Hybrid Trading Cards by Hro will be released physically and for using through digital wallets in March 2022, and more limited-edition content coming would be added to it throughout the year.
- Warner Bros said that the action film ‘The Batman’ will also be featured among the DC Comics-themed hybrid trading cards.
- The NFT compilation of digital collectibles would be showcased at the end of March 2022.
New Ways to Interact & Engage
The President of Warnermedia’s Global Brands and Experiences department Pam Lifford commented on the occasion by emphasizing the popularity of the trading cards over decades. Lifford said that this popularity and the enthusiasm around cards has been combined with a custom NFT, to present the DC brand to fans in the newest way. Lifford further said that the platform would provide fans new ways to engage with their favorite characters from across the DC multiverse along with increasing their ability to interact with other collectors.